Crawl Space Encapsulation in Atlanta, GA.
Encapsulating your crawl space will make a huge difference to the comfort in your living space. Also there will likely be some reduction in your heating bills since the ducts are loosing heat to the crawl space.
Control of your environment is the key to doing encapsulation of a crawl space. An open crawl space has continual temperature and climate change, so whatever the conditions are outside, they are also the conditions inside a crawl space. Many times over the years, the moisture builds up, vapors leak from the dirt below your home, and the air you breathe becomes very unhealthy. If you can control the environment, you can control the air you breathe.
Encapsulation is the process by which you protect the area under your home from moisture, bugs, critters, water, and virtually all elements of the natural environment from entering the crawl space area. A vapor barrier is part of any crawl space system. There are many different types of vapor barriers to choose from. GSS always seeks to use what we believe are the finest products to fix any problem we encounter.
Procedures GSS Takes To Encapsulate Your Crawl Space In Atlanta, GA.
Inspect And Seal Doors And Vents:
- For a conditioned crawl space all holes, vents, and doors must be sealed. By making an air tight seal the home will become more efficient.
- All water must be eliminated form the outside or addressed with a sump pump. All leaking pipes must be repaired.
- If mold is located in your crawl space it will have to be removed.
Repair Any Structure Damage:
- During inspection if GSS notices any structure damage, it will be reported to the homeowner. Crawl space jacks might be needed to support the flooring structure.
Insulate And Encapsulate Crawl Space:
- An 8 mil, 12 mil, or 20 mil liner will be added to the walls and floor. This is added to stop moisture from penetrating from floors and walls. The installer will apply foam board, spray foam, or batt insulation to condition the crawl space.
Installing A Drainage System And Dehumidifier:
- If your crawl space has a history of standing water, we will install a custom drainage system and sump pump system. By installing an energy efficient dehumidifier in the encapsulated crawl space it will keep the area dry.
If you need a vapor barrier installed in your home, we provide crawl space encapsulation in many areas in Atlanta. Feel free to give us a call for a FREE ESTIMATE at 678-781-0391.
Atlanta Georgia, Canton, Powder Springs, Marietta, Dallas Georgia, Sandy Springs, Kennesaw, Cartersville, Vinings, Roswell, Smyrna, Alpharetta, Douglasville.