Do you have mold in your home? Having mold in your home can cause many problems if not handled properly. Mold can grow just about anywhere in your home with little to no warning. It is always recommended to call a mold inspection professional when you realize that you have a potential mold problem. We understand that calling in a professional is not always an option, that is why we have provided you with a few helpful tips. If you feel that the problem is way more than you can handle on your own, give us a call at (678)781-0391 and we can help.
It is impossible to eliminate all mold spores indoors. The three things mold needs to thrive are moisture, warmth and a food source. The food source can be numerous things such as wallpaper, furniture, carpeting, shower walls, and window sills. There are three basic procedures you can implement in order to make a home resistant to mold.
- Control and prevent moisture
- Provide good ventilation
- Reduction of humidity
It doesn’t matter whether your home is old or new, Georgia Specialty Services can complete a professional home mold inspection. Mold affects the indoor air quality and can make it difficult to breathe if the levels are high enough.
Some helpful tips for locating and mitigating mold in your home
Whether you do it yourself or hire a professional it is important to take action if you have a moisture problem or visible mold in your home or business. You should inspect your home regularly to ensure that you don’t have any problems that can lead to a serious mold problem. Black mold can hide in areas that you can’t see, like behind sheetrock, inside ductwork, under flooring and above ceiling tiles. If you suspect a mold problem, you should have a home mold inspection done by a certified mold inspector. Below are a few tips you can exercise on your own:
- Keep indoor humidity levels between 30 to 55 percent. This can be done by using air conditioners, fans and or dehumidifiers.
- Check attics for leaks from the roof and venting system.
- Clean and maintain AC unit drip pan, drainage line and condensation pump.
- Make sure clothes dryers, stoves, and bathroom vents are vented outside.
- Install a heavy mil plastic liner over dirt in the crawl space. This will prevent moisture from coming up through the ground.
- Clean home regularly to prevent food sources that mold can feed on.
- If there are places in the home that have moisture problems, do not install carpet.
Our service area includes but is not limited to:
Atlanta, Canton, Powder Springs, Marietta, Dallas, Sandy Springs, Kennesaw, Cartersville, Vinings, Roswell, Smyrna, Alpharetta, Douglasville, Hiram, Johns Creek, Dunwoody